Michele B Ajm

Verified Reviewer

No one answers the phone

Texas Health and Human Services - No one answers the phone

I applied for benefits and was not informed about the standard wait time of 30-45 days to go from received to reviewed. Then, when I finally got reviewed, I had to call them by a certain date for an interview.

But the number is an automated message; it doesn't let you talk to someone until the due date, and then I was on hold for nearly 2 hours! I finally got someone to tell me they would call me by 5pm that same day.

5pm came and went, so I called again, on hold for nearly an hour again, only to be told the office is closed! Now my case has been automatically denied because 'I didn't reach out to them.' Absolutely a terrible experience and I demanded someone call me back and that my case is reopened.

Pros:
  • Easy to navigate website
Cons:
  • Not enough information and it takes too long to research answers

Preferred solution: Someone to call me and give me benefits!

User's recommendation: Know this; it's 45 days for TANF and 30 days for SNAP

Ashley S Ltk

Verified Reviewer

Unethically taking child support money and failure to process changes in a timely manner

Texas Health and Human Services - Unethically taking child support money and failure to...

THHS has been taking a lot of the money I am suppose to receive to take care of my son. I am unclear exactly how much because tx OAG portal is not making it clear, they show i received money that I did not.

It went to TXHHS. Also my son has health insurance through his fathers employer. The first time I reported the change was 1/30/24 and they should have gotten it done within 40 days. Feb 2, 2024 I talked with someone at 211 and again 30 days later.

They asked for another 30 days. We are now almost at the end of march they are still taking money that is not theirs.

They never gave me food stamps and my son went to the dr for checkups so the amount of money they have taken is unfair. From 10/2/2023 and 02/05/2025 Texas Health and Human services took $4,612.57

User's recommendation: Pay close attention to the financials and keep track of everything

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2503719

Same exact issue they have taken over 10k from mine. Then they keep reinstating medicaid even when I cancel it as their step father and I carry insurance on them have for 8 years but they keep charging us anyways and they keep trying to automatically enroll them in medicaid even though I have written called everything to tell them that we DO NOT WANT MEDICAID! To steal from struggling parents raising kids of a absent parent is the lowest of the low!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2503719

That $5000 that they took, what was that for? Surely two check-ups don’t total $5000.

Guest

Why did they take money out? Did the State pay you cash assistance or insurance benefits they shouldn’t have?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2503549

Because he was on Medicaid because I met the requirement they had all of the information on the father and he makes way too much money for him to be on Medicaid, but I had no idea they could take money from my child support. his father would not put him on his insurance at first it’s all I had to put him on Medicaid , my son hasn’t been on Medicaid for two months but they won’t cancel it.

They are taking almost over $5000 in the last four months.

They take at least half of my child support each month if not more and my son had what maybe two check ups so it would be cheaper for me to try to go and pay out-of-pocket for his medical. I am being punished for something that his father did or didn’t do it is not right and I will keep writing a complaining and do what I need to do until something is done about it

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2503549

My son was on Medicaid is the reason they are taking the money. But the thing is the father should have to pay it shouldn’t be coming out of my childsupport.

They need to get it together. Because his employer isn’t sending the right amount they are taking my child support.

I have done nothing wrong. He is the one who failed to meet his obligation.

View more comments (4)
SALMAN S Jzr

Verified Reviewer

Worst customer service and support

I was having issues online renewing my application. Website doesnt load mid page of site too bar is there of the site means its internal error on their end.

I asked for help. She didnt know what to do so she said send through mail she will send out application.

She never did. Its been more than 2 months now.

Preferred solution: Hire people who like to work and help others. That was the main purpose of this department.

User's recommendation: Corruption. They will give food stamps to people doesn’t have papers but won’t give to citizens of States.

Charonda Zdp

Just another government scam

I'm over 60 years old with several lifelong medical problems. I live alone and have no help if needed.

My job does not pay enough to have anything left over after paying basic bills every month, and I have a lot of medications I have to take every day, which are not cheap. I've tried to get help. Being a senior citizen now, I thought I'd be able to easily get help. No!

They do not have any programs for senior citizens who really need help with food, rent, utilities, and medical expenses. Everything they have is geared for illegals and welfare leeches. They have nothing for people who are in real need, who have worked their lives in this state and paid taxes all of their lives in this state.

We get nothing! Just another government scam to bleed us dry and then kick sand in our faces when we are down and out and really need help!

Cons:
  • Shams
  • And deciet
  • Lies

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don't even bother. You're better off trying to get a personal loan from a bank. Unless you're an illegal that is, then its all FREE for you!

Shalise T

Uneducated & Rude Employees

I have been back and forth getting paperwork for them. Every time I'm speaking to someone and they tell me I need something, the other employee says I need something different or that they don't have the papers that the previous employer said they do have.

The lack of communication and education that everyone has is impeccable. The last two employees I spoke with hung up on me.

One did it right away because I could tell he didn't know what he was doing, and the other did it after approving me for my benefits. He didn't ask if he could help me with anything else or anything, shaking my head.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: If they tell you they dont need documents get them anyway just in case id hate for you to get the run around like I did. I filed in Feb barely getting them approved in May

Jamecia B Ynr
map-marker Miami, Florida

Horrible

Texas has been the worst state thus far to get any type of financial assistance. My daughter has two little boys under two and is pregnant, and they keep asking her for all sorts of documents which she has already provided, and still nothing. She is literally starving in her apartment because these people are horrible.

Shalise T

| map-marker Tupelo, Mississippi

Uneducated Workers

I have been calling all last week and this week and the employees would tell me i need verification of residency or employment it is always something different when I call or they ask for the same information as the last employee the communication between employees is very bad and barely today they are telling me I need something different. I just took an hr walk to the library to print the paper they asked for with my daughter in this hot sun just to have to do it again because these people are so slow

User's recommendation: Even if they say they have paperwork just do it again, it's better to have double Incase these people make your life inconvenient too

Aralyn Axh

Verified Reviewer

This company and government suck plain and simple.

Former employee of 3rd party vendor that took calls for 211. They literally tell to be uncaring and unempathetic in training because you're literally not supposed to help them to get the benefits, case workers do that, and you have to have a Social Services degree to be a case worker.

No when you call the agent is just a customer service representative nothing more all they can do is give you information, they can't make decisions on if you get approved or not, neither can the supervisors they're not case workers either.

Some of the callers are rude AF too thinking their ENTITLED to benefits simply because they lack the education or social skills to find a honest job, or do what they ask of you and submit they right paperwork they requests, if you can't help yourself then why should we help you, we can only tell you what you need to submit, its ultimately up to you to send it in otherwise you deserve not getting anything period. Get the f over yourself and off your *** stop leeching from the government you all are the reason this country is currently in the *** show it's in!!!

Pros:
  • When you help yourself they help you
Cons:
  • Stupid people need to stop calling

Preferred solution: N/A

User's recommendation: Get A JOB!!!

Guest

When calling I never knew it was a third party that answered the calls. Makes sense for why it’s so hard to get issues fixed.

Some of us do have jobs, even multiple jobs, trying to pay the bills and raise children alone.

So be careful who you target here not all of us are leeches. We are just people who need extra help because our jobs don’t provide insurance.

Kendre Imh

You seem like someone that has all their eggs in order good luck to you and to your family

reply icon Replying to comment of Kendre Imh

LMAOOOOOO

map-marker San Antonio, Texas

The constant inconvenience

Texas Health and Human Services - The constant inconvenience

You ever hit rock bottom and come to the conclusion you need help? With all these "amazing" programs, how could you not turn to your state when they are offering you assistance.

From unemployment, Medicare, Food stamps (Snap) and so on. Then you apply only to be told they need more information about your case due by a specific date, though you get this request of info on a Saturday 2-3 days before it's due and their online system is down. In office, surprise surprise, systems down. Yet when you ask them if this will count against you for not being able to turn in before or by due date they say, Yes.

The app doesn't log you in, when it does it takes you to the website which wasn't working to begin with. You as disable and unable to just get up and go to the office (luckily I had someone agree to take me) but their systems were down so waste of gas since it's about a half hr drive. Will I get the assistance, doubtful.

It always seems they try harder to ruin your chances than actually help you. They need a new system, to train their employees to be more sympathetic or fake it rather than give attitude.

map-marker San Antonio, Texas

Failed Us Texans

Also a former employee of 211, has nothing to do with people scamming the system or not wanting to work. Life is different for us all we are not god and cannot judge.

The main blame is HHSC. I worked for these h3s and still needed assistance. When I called a HHSC office she was laughing in the back saying please hold while I transfer you to 211 I said no maam I work for them and I know the bs yall tell us to tell them. I said yall got favorites or something I see yall give people extensions to get stuff in but me yall deny due to failure to submit when I do have every valid documentation.

Its BS . Like yall dont want to help us fellow Texans yall suck foreal! Trump we need you !

A stimulus or something, mfkas will help a Californian before their own Texan F C K Y A L L! And god bless everyone whose experiencing this , main reason why I left couldnt keep feeling the pain of hearing those people on the phone knowing I clock out and Im dealing with the same ***

User's recommendation: Hustle to the Grave/BecomeYourOwnJEFE

Guest

I see you are keeping it classy. Good luck getting any help.

Thelma Vtm

| map-marker Laredo, Texas

Have a question ? What's the pay for a home provider in Texas

Iam not complaining , I just would like to know what is the pay for a person that works as a provider in Texas?

Cassy W Vzn
map-marker Houston, Texas

SLOW, RUDE,AND MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO GET HELP

My husband lost his job a few months ago and before this happened, we weren't get benefits as we didn't need them. He paid in hundreds of thousand of dollars in taxes over the years.

Now, we are without money can't pay our rent or bills and no food, I have applied for food benefits 3 times in the last 3 months and have been denied for not returning forms they sent, even though I went to their office in person, and handed the front desk theforms completed and signed. They took 32 days to review the application. The first time they gave me one month of benefits but then cut me off and suspended me for a month saying I didn't comply with their work rules buy I did not realize I had to attend a meeting on a specific date as they have in big bold letters a different date I should have it taken care if by which I had called and went there by that date and was told I was screwed in so many words. Not one person was willing to help me.

Instead it seemed as tho suspending my benefits was more pleasing. This was the 2nd reason I was denied the second app. Now the 3rd try was sent in oct.23, 2023 and it is now the 27th and it shoes it being received still and that's it. I've applied for emergency food stamps and while I realize there are thousands of other people in need currently, some may be worse off than me, I have no food I have no money, we are older and looking for work steadily and have not had any breakthrough.

The state needs to either hire more caseworkers or fire the ones they have who only help their friends or who they think should get them rather than who needs them. They sit back behind their little glass windows and make fun of people in there who need help it's all together ***

Pros:
  • Relief
  • When they help its appreciated
Cons:
  • Wait
  • Hit or miss

Preferred solution: HELP FOOD BENEFITS PLEASE

User's recommendation: Don't hold your breath they don't care

Guest

I currently dealing with that now. They using past income I'm not receiving to determine the case. You have people out here that dont need help getting it and honest working people can't get help when needed.

Stephen N Ayt

Application for SNAP benefits

My online application was received 9/11/23, Ive called twice and still no information available. What are these people doing? If Id crossed that southern border Id be processed.

Preferred solution: My application for food benefits processed.

User's recommendation: Go in person

Alisa S Epf
map-marker Dallas, Texas

Food stamp complaint. And very rude and it's their fault.

Just got my food stamps back for a month or two. They got the medical form from my mental doctor that I can't work.

They fixed it that's why I got it for the couple of months. They made a mistake before. I didn't receive my food stamps for 5 to 6 months before that. I sent in everything .

Doctor sent the form in a little later. They verified they got the form and fixed it. That how I got the two months. They sent a Texas workforce form.

Then I call called 211 and told them they sent a workforce force. I told them I'm disabled and they already had it in the system as I couldn't work. I call the Texas workforce told them I got a statement from my doctor they says I can't work. They got my name and said ms.sigler we already got you in the system that says your disabled.

She told me to call the Texas department of human services and tell them you are good with us they need to fix it on their end. The supervisor I talk to was very very rude. She wouldn't let me talk to correct her about the whole situation . She was having a mis understanding about what I was saying.

She felt like I was over talking her. I was correcting her about why I called in because we was not talking about the same issue. She said because I'm over talking her. She was like well get a new copy from the doctor because I can't read this.

But the other caseworker that fixed the case read it just fine. I called 211 the seen it too. So how is everyone seeing clearly but not her. Corporate manager can you please fix my case.

The 5 to 6 months I didn't get stamps. I lost 57lbs.

That's not good for me in my condition. Thanks so much and God bless!

Preferred solution: Apology and my stamps fixed. Back pay on the other months and emergency food stamps. I'm severely starving. I'm hungry.

User's recommendation: Need to be more professional when talking to people.

Denetra Eyn

When you do not have a job yourself, regardless of why you don't have one you have no right complaining about others who actually work. I am sure you are mistaking not getting your way as rude.

When you do get the issue resolved I hope you thank the tax payers for feeding you, since that is where your food stamps comes from. Also you obviously have internet/phone access, if you are paying for this cancel it so you can afford to feed yourself..

reply icon Replying to comment of Denetra Eyn

Girl, ***

Guest

I've been trying to find out something about 4 months and I'm not getting any information about the money card.

map-marker Fort Worth, Texas

No help

If I could give these people a zero I would. Been in Texas two years my dad has cancer been trying to get help for a year, lost of income and so much more.

They go on past income and say no. Nothing went off what was submitted but information they asked for that was not reliveant. And tell me because it's on my application. But then say apply again with updated information and the information I gave was updated.

There is truly people out here lying and getting way more help than I have ever been able to get.

If you don't know the system and how to get help then it's best to just wait out the struggle because they will deny you and make it seem like it their money. The system in not made for those who work but those who choice to live by their standards. And if you ask how you could get other assistance they don't know.

Never lived in a state so bad but I must definitely regret moving to Texas.

It has been a nightmare. And if you waiting on a supervisor be sure they going to hang up.

User's recommendation: Know someone

Guest

What type of assistance were you applying for? What specific reason did they give for the denial. Are you officially a resident of Texas and been so the amount of time they require?

Guest

I believe we should start a class action suit, you in?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2421207

Sorry comment was meant for all unhappy Frigidaire customers. My apologies

Terek Bkl
map-marker Houston, Texas

Apply

I am trying to apply for services and its taking me to the review/ complaint site. Please fix your website

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article